One Dish Dal, Mix Veg Dal
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 402 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23639 times
Here is a unique One-Dish Dal, which combines two dals with loads of veggies and taste-givers like ginger and green chillies. It is indeed very tasty and filling, and an apt accompaniment for any meal.
When you are in the mood to do something different, you can even have this dal as a mid-day snack or breakfast, because it is so sumptuous!
A traditional tempering of seeds and curry leaves adds more josh to this wholesome combo of veggies and dal, making it a truly delectable dish.
You can also try other one-dish recipes like Lentil and Vegetable BrothLentil and Vegetable Broth and Dal Dhokli .
- Combine the yellow moong dal, masoor dal, green chilli, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Discard the green chilli and whisk the dal till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the lady fingers, cluster beans, carrot, potatoes, brinjal, chilli powder and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal, little salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.