by Tarla Dalal
Added to 167 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75791 times
A garlic-infused khichdi that is sure to draw you to the table! With fibre-rich oats and protein-rich moong dal, this low-glycemic index meal is ideal for weight watchers too. Interestingly, this easy-to-make Oats Khichdi makes use of minimal ingredients, as garlic and green chillies do the flavouring job quite well by themselves, without any help from other spices! Enjoy this wholesome one dish meal fresh off the stove, with a cup of fresh low-fat curds.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the green chilli paste, garlic paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the oats and yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add 1½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
- Serving this khichdi immediately is important to avoid it being lumpy and sticky.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.