Oats, Vegetable and Brown Rice Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13381 times
An all-in-one meal, which is not only satiating but also gives a bounty of nutrients like antioxidants vitamin A and folic acid to nourish the baby’s brain and skin, and good quality protein and calcium for strong bones, along with iron to build up your iron stores.
Brown rice gives you loads of fibre while veggies help keep your gut healthy. Although we have used only minimal spice powders in this Oats, Vegetable and Brown Rice Khichdi, it has a very appetising flavour and inviting aroma. Enjoy it hot and fresh, with your favourite raita .
- Clean, wash and soak the brown rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions, garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans, carrot, green peas, chilli powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the brown rice, yellow moong dal, oats, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 7 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.