by Tarla Dalal
Added to 330 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 91781 times
Neither a roti nor a dosa, the Maharashtrian thalipeeth is a wonderful snack that must be savoured to be understood! This Nutritious Thalipeeth is made of a combination of flours, vegetables and spice powders, which together make it a rich source of iron, fibre and folic acid. Sumptuous and filling, this easy and quick snack is an ideal choice to avoid fluctuations in blood sugar levels in between meals.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ? tsp of oil.
- Wet your fingers, place a portion of the dough on a hot tava (griddle) and pat it with the help of fingers to make a 100 mm (4”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using ? tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more thalipeeth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thalipeeth
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.