by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7539 times
Generally, anything with the moghlai tag is splendorous, and so is this baby potato preparation! moghlai aloo features the winning combination of potatoes and peas in a rich white gravy comprised of curds flavoured with a pungent paste and mild spice powders too. Serve hot with rice or indian breads, for a memorable meal.
- Peel the potatoes. Prick them thoroughly with a toothpick and soak in cold water. After about 10 minutes, remove from the water and add the curds and salt. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté again for a few seconds.
- Add the potato mixture and 2 cups of water, cover and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the green peas, cream and sugar. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||250.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3 mg|
|Vitamin C||46.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||47.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.