Masoor Dal with Spinach, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88562 times
Masoor dal with spinach, the unbeatable combination of masoor dal with spinach nourishes your body with proteins, iron and folic acid.
Tomatoes and amchur powder lend a nice tangy flavour to the dal. Needless to add, this is a super-healthy recipe as protein-rich dals are an indispensable part of our daily diet!
Serve it hot with rotis or rice to make a homely and satisfying meal.
- Pour 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, add the masoor dal, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked masoor dal, spinach, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, prepared garlic- ginger-green chilli paste, tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup of water and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 195.8 kcal|
|Protein|| 10.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 26.1 gm|
|Fat|| 5.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 5.1 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 1233.1 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 17.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 65.1 mg|
|Iron|| 3.4 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 47.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.