Masala Corn, Masala Corn On A Cracker
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19167 times
Corn is fun whether you have it boiled at home, from the steamed American corn vendors, or from the roadside corn-wallah who roasts it on a spluttering coal stove and expertly coats it with just the right amount of lemon and spices.
This masaledar version of corn is a great snack for a monsoon’s day.
The use of varied ingredients like capsicum, onions, tomato ketchup, and—would you believe it—cheese, gives a completely new dimension to masala corn!
Load it on top of cream crackers, for that extra punch of fun!
- Combine the corn with enough water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Put the butter in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and capsicum, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Add the boiled corn, green chillies, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Divide it into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Top each cream cracker biscuit with a portion of the corn topping and sprinkle a little chilli flakes and cheese over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||170 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.