Hare Chane Ke Kebab
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 232 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57637 times
Green power through and through, that’s what the Hare Chane Ke Kebab is all about! A combination of ingredients like hara chana, paneer, mint and coriander makes this a iron, protein, calcium and vitamin rich recipe perfect for pregnant women, children and all others too. A combo of traditional flavour enhancers like ginger, green chillies, onions, lemon juice, etc., enhances the flavour and aroma manifold. The procedure of cooking this kebab on a tava with minimal oil instead of deep-frying it, makes this delectable snack all the more desirable.
- Soak the hara chana overnight.
- Next day, drain, wash, add 3½ cups of water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or till the hara chana turns soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid, drain well and mash it to a coarse mixture.
- Combine the hara chana with all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well and shape each portion into an oval kebab.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Place 6 kebabs on it and cook each kebab on a slow flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kebab
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.