Curry Of Tofu, Mushrooms and Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 394 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65757 times
This Curry of Tofu, Mushrooms and Vegetables is a creamy spicy-sweet curry that speaks of the grandeur of Thai cuisine. While the elaborate masala paste adds spice to the preparation, coconut milk helps balance it with its sweet, milky flavour. Adding lemongrass as a bundle and removing it before serving helps to impart the tangy accents of the herb to the dish while not disturbing the dining experience with tangled shoots of grass!
- Wash and boil the mushrooms in salted water and drain. Mix with the boiled vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the coconut milk and the paste. Stir well and cool for 4 to 5 minutes till it releases its flavors.
- Add the mushrooms, vegetables, tofu, basil leaves, soya sauce, tied lemon grass, lemon rind, lemon juice and salt.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the lemon grass releases its juices.
- Remove the lemon grass bundle.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- When boiling the vegetables, add a pinch baking soda and salt so that they retain their natural colour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.