Chocolate Shells with Flavoured Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 213 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20887 times
Chocolate shells with flavoured cream is a scrumptious recipe where delicately moulded chocolate shells are filled with flavoured rich creams.
- Place a bowl filled with chocolate on top of a double boiler. Once the chocolate starts melting, stir till it resembles a smooth sauce.
- Remove and pour on to a clean, dry marble surface or your kitchen platform.
- Cool the chocolate to room temperature [approx. 26°c (80°f)] using a pallet knife, so that no lumps remain.
- To test the temperature of the chocolate, touch it with the back of your finger. It should neither be hot nor cold to touch.
- Fill the depressions in the chocolate mould with melted chocolate, using a tablespoon. Tap gently on the kitchen platform so that no air gaps remain.
- Overturn the mould and tap it lightly so that all the excess chocolate gets poured out and thin chocolate shells are formed.
- Clean the upper surface of the chocolate mould using a palette knife or dough cutter across the upper surface. Refrigerate the shells for about 20 minutes.
- Upturn the mould and tap lightly to unmould the chocolates. Repeat using the white chocolate to make 15 white chocolate shells. Refrigerate till required.
- Mix half the cream with instant coffee mixture to make the coffee cream filing. Keep aside.
- Melt the leftover dark chocolate in a double boiler, cool and mix with the remaining whipped cream to make the chocolate cream filling. Keep aside.
- Fill the coffee cream in a piping bag fitted with a no. 5 star nozzle by placing it on an empty glass.
- Pipe the coffee cream into 15 shells. Repeat for the chocolate cream and the remaining shells.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.