Last Updated : May 18,2021
Viewed 5308 times
What is white chocolate?As the name suggests, white chocolate is white in colour! It is a mixture of 20% cocoa butter, 14% milk solids, 3.5% milk fat, no more than 55% sugar or other sweeteners, and no cocoa solids. White chocolate is sweeter compared to dark and milk chocolate. White chocolate is available in small packs for direct consumption and in larger slabs for cooking purposes. It can be used for making chocolates, cakes and other desserts.
Chopped white chocolate
Cut the chocolate vertically with a sharp knife into ½-inch thickness and then cut horizontally to form chunks of ½”x½”. It is used to make chocolates, mousses, puddings, etc.
Grated white chocolate
Take a grater and slide the chocolate from top to bottom to get thin strings of chocolate. It is used for garnishing and decorating cakes and other desserts.
Melted white chocolate
Take a double boiler and put chunks of white chocolate in the bowl. Keep stirring continuously with the help of a spatula for a few minutes till it melts. Alternatively, you can put chunks of chocolate in a bowl and microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove and mix well. If it has still not melted, microwave on high for a few more seconds. Melted white chocolate is used in cakes, cookies, mousses, garnish, decoration etc.
How to select white chocolate • You can buy milk chocolate from stores, cafes or milk shops. Select a trusted shop for buying your chocolate.
• Always choose a brand that has less of chemicals and other additives.
• Check the percentage of cocoa mentioned on the packet to understand the sweetness of the chocolate and whether it matches your recipe requirement.
• Make sure the chocolate is not soft. If it seems to have melted in the packet, use it within a few days.
• When buying, always check the expiry date.
• Chocolate can last for a few years from the time it was made, if properly stored.
Culinary uses of white chocolate
• Interesting recipes using white chocolate for desserts . try these recipes and serve them at your parties, and definitely it will be a hit.
1. Blueberry Mousse tempting combination of white chocolate and blueberry crush, this is another easy-to-make mousse that you cannot resist!
2. Quick Orange Mousse tangy taste of oranges dominates this quick mousse. But, what makes this recipe a real topper is the way the vibrant orange sauce contrasts and complements.3. Caramelized Apple Mousse unique white chocolate mousse is sure to win every heart, even those who are die-hard dark chocolate fans!
It is used for decorating white frosting cakes.
• It can be used to make cookies, mousses and other desserts.
• White chocolate makes a nice garnish or decoration for baked goods.
How to store white chocolate• Store in an airtight container with the wrapper at room temperature.
• You can also store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.