Caramelized Apple Mousse ( Mousse Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15999 times
This unique white chocolate mousse is sure to win every heart, even those who are die-hard dark chocolate fans! this recipe uses caramelised the apples to enhance the looks and also to impart crunchiness to this mousse. For best results, make the caramelised apples just before serving. Apples can also be replaced with strawberries, pears, and other fruits that are in season.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and beaten whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and the lemon juice and fold gently
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Combine the sugar and ½ cup water in a broad non-stick pan and cook till all the water evaporates and the sugar caramelizes (approx 8 to 10 minutes).
- Arrange 3 apple slices on a wooden stick and pour ¼ of the caramelized sugar immediately on them.
- Repeat the step 2 to make 3 more caramelized apple sticks. Keep aside.
- Place ¼ of the broken chocolate biscuits into 4 individual glasses/bowls.
- Fill the plastic disposable piping bag fitted with star nozzle with the white mousse. Hold the piping bag in your hand and make your wrist anti-clockwise while applying gentle pressure to make a few swirls one on top of the crushed biscuits as shown in the image besides.
- Place a caramelized apple sticks on each glass /bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.