Eggless Red Velvet Cake Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42769 times
The bright colour, brilliantly rich taste and attractive appearance of the Eggless Red Velvet Cake makes it a very popular choice for parties .
Made with loads of condensed milk, curds and butter, the sponge has a melt-in-the-mouth texture, which is accentuated by the luscious cream cheese frosting.
A rich cake like this deserves a grand decoration with shiny balls and colourful stars, so do not compromise on the decoration – it is part and parcel of the special feel!
You can also try other cake recipes like the Black Forest Cake or Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing, with Eggs .
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the melted butter, condensed milk, vanilla essence, curd, ¼ cup of water and red food colour in a deep bowl and beat it using a whisk till smooth.
- Gradually add the plain flour mixture and beat again till smooth using an electric beater.
- Grease and dust a 175 mm. (7") diameter cake tin and transfer the batter into it and tap it lightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Demould and cool the sponge completely.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in a deep bowl and beat it using an electric beater till smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat again till smooth.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Mix well and keep aside.
- Place the red velvet sponge cake on a flat, dry surface and slice it horizontally into 2 equal layers. Keep aside.
- Place both the layers of the red velvet sponge cake on a clean, dry surface and soak it with little of the soaking syrup evenly over each layer.
- Put ½ cup of the prepared cream cheese frosting on the lower half of the sponge and spread it evenly.
- Cover with the other half with the soaked sugar syrup side facing upwards and press it lightly.
- Spread 1 cup of the prepared cream cheese frosting on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- The remaining prepared cream cheese frosting, put the red food colour in it and mix well. Put in a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted in. Decorate the circumference of the cake by making any design of your choice.
- Make few swirls at equal distance in the centre as well.
- Sprinkle it with edible coloured sprinklers and balls.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Cut into 6 wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.