Charmoula Vegetable Satay ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21336 times
A colourful selection of fresh and nutritious veggies is steeped in the charmoula marinade (of algerian and moroccan origin) and crisped to perfection. Make sure you make the marinade right, since that is the highlight of this recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 tsp of water and blend in a mixer to smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the brinjal and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the brinjal is light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Combine the brinjals and all the remaining ingredients including the marinade in a bowl and toss well. Keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread a piece of red capsicum, mushroom, yellow capsicum, cauliflower, green capsicum, onion, carrot and brinjal on a satay stick.
- Repeat the same with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more satays.
- Cook each satay on a non-stick tava (griddle), using 1/8 tsp of oil, till the vegetables turn golden brown in colour on all the sides.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per satay
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.