Bhel Puri By chandapappa
This recipe has been viewed 5978 times
One of the most popular West Indian street snack, bhel puri is a puffed rice dish with chopped boiled potatoes, sweet tamarind sauce and a hot coriander chutney. Overall a culinary delight with a spicy tangy touch.
Add your private note
Bhel Puri By chandapappa recipe - How to make Bhel Puri By chandapappa
Preparation Time: NA Cooking Time: NA Total Time:
- Peel onion and chop finely. clean coriander leaves, wash well and then chop finely.
- Boil potatoes, peel and cut into bite sized pieces. wash, remove stem and finely chop green chillies.
- Combine puffed rice, onion, roasted chana dal, peanuts, potatoes, green chillies, half of the sev and toss well.
- Add four crushed puris and mix. add salt to taste.
- Add the three chutneys as per your taste and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix. garnish with chopped coriander leaves and the remaining sev.
- Serve immediately with remaining puris to eat with.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.