Beetroot Chutney, How To Make Beetroot Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 113850 times
This chutney is quick and easy to prepare and is also different from the usual chutneys . It is a delectable combination of grated beetroot and coconut which is sautéed with urad dal, curry leaves and red chillies. It is then puréed and tempering of mustard seed is poured over the chutney.
A perfect accompaniment to hot rice or dosas .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the beetroot, coconut and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using 2 tablespoons of water. Transfer the chutney into a bowl and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the beetroot chutney.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
- This chutney stays fresh for 2 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||360.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.