Punjabi Samosa, Punjabi Veg Samosa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 184694 times
Local 'halwaais' frying mouthwatering samosas in huge kadhai is a common sight in nearly any part of India. Golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft and spicy on the inside Punjabi Samosas taste as good as they look.
The traditional Punjabi Samosa is large and its filling is mainly made up of potatoes and peas. Adding cashew nuts and raisins makes it a rich and tasty snack. For that extra zing you can also add some amchur powder or black salt to the filling mixture. Serve hot delicious samosas with a sweet or spicy cutney or top them with hot chole .
- Combine the flou, oil and salt in a bowl and knead a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. X 50 mm. (5" x 2") oval. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the coriander, and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on a slow flame.
- Remove from the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide each samosa covering oval into 2 halves.
- Make a cone from each part and stuff it with 1 portion of the filling.
- Seal the edges carefully using a little water.
- Repeat with the remaining oval halves and filling to make 11 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosas on a slow flame till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with a chutney of your choice or with peshawari chole.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||131.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.