Jowar Bajre Ki Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47037 times
Jowar and bajra flour rotis flavoured with spring onions and green chilli. Jowar and bajra are rich in iron, protein and fibre. Being comparatively dry this roti is recommended for your first trimester as a it will relieve you of nausea. Have it as a mid morning snack or for lunch with the Usal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using warm water as required.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Pat each portion on a dry surface using your palms till it is a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) till both sides are lightly browned. Repeat for the remaining circles.
- Serve hot with a vegetable of your choice.
- If you want to roll out these rotis instead of patting them, you can do so between 2 sheets of plastic. It is much easier that way.
Nutrient values per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.