Bombay Curry Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73865 times
Bombay Curry Soup is a sumptuous soup with a desi flavour. With dal and rice, it is quite filling and can be served as a quick snack or a meal-in-a-bowl.
This unique soup is made by cooking dal with garlic, spice powders and tomatoes, straining the cooked mixture, and boiling the liquid till it thickens. The curry powder used to flavour the dal gives this soup a very exciting flavour, while a dash of lemon juice gives it a refreshing tanginess, which energizes your taste buds!
The Bombay Curry Soup is served in a unique style with a garnish of rice, which makes it very satiating and comforting.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few more minutes
- Add the masoor dal and tomatoes and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, mix well and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add 2½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth puree and then strain using a sieve.
- Transfer to a pan and boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with rice and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||85.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.