Healthy Heart Rotis | Healthy Heart Parathas
Rotis and Parathas for a healthy heart. Good-for-the-heart ingredients like methi, soya, garlic, flaxseeds etc. are used together with healthy flours, in a very innovative way to make delicious, satiating and heart-friendly rotis and parathas.
Garlic Rotis, Green Garlic Multigrain Roti
These rotis and parathas are not only cooked using minimum oil but are also designed carefully, giving priority to ingredients that are good for the heart. You can serve these with subzi and dal, or with just a bowl of low-fat curds and healthy chutneys, to make a nutritious and satisfying meal.
Healthy Heart Rotis
Healthy heart rotis. Try the classic recipe and learn to make Phulkas and include in your daily diet for a healthy heart. The curd added in the preparation of phulkas not only makes it soft but also adds some amount of proteins.
This beta carotene loaded Lehsuni Bajra Aur Kaddu ki Roti is so filling and satiating that you won’t even need to have sabzi along with it. Just eat it as it is or with any healthy chutney or low-fat curds. Are you on a low sodium diet?
Lehsuni Bajra Aur Kaddu ki Roti
Then this Cabbage and Onion Roti can perfectly fit in your diet menu as it is low in sodium, cholesterol free and loaded with heart friendly ingredients like garlic and cabbage.
Start your day with this yummy Bajra Peas Roti and lower your cholesterol intake right from the start of the day.
Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe
Healthy Heart Parathas
Healthy heart parathas. We always visualize fat laden parathas whenever we think about parathas. Ever thought you could make parathas using zero oil? Masala Paratha is one such recipe that is prepared using zero oil.
Although it is fat free but is unbelievably delicious. Lazeez Parathas, as the name suggest are lazeez i.e. tasty and have a really good texture. Apart from this these parathas are a good source of protein and fibre both required for a healthy heart.
Another wonderful recipe that we have is for Bajra Methi and Paneer Parathas, power packed with protein, vitamin C, fibre, calcium and magnesium. So much goodness for the heart!!!
Do give a try to our other unique recipes like Oats and Cabbage Roti, Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha and so on from our section below.
Spring Onion Stuffed Oats Paratha
What causes your heart to not work correctly?
There are 5 basic reasons why we have heart issues.
1. Belly fat : The more belly fat you have, the higher the risk of a heart attack. This shows wrong food habits, bad quality vegetable oil, sugar, maida, cornflour excess etc create this problem. High blood pressure in a major problem for your heart and also uncontrolled diabetes. Your diabetes is not solved by just popping pills.
You need to change the way you eat. Wrong foods eaten lead to the inflammation of the arteries of your heart. Blockages in the arteries Blockages lead to heart attack and that is so easy to fix as simple as eating healthy. Remove inflammation in your body.
Bajra Gajar Palak Paratha, Gluten Free Recipe
2. Eating processed foods : Avoid junk food and follow simple basic home cooked food. Stay away from refined vegetable oils. Opt for unfrefined oils like olive oil, coconut oil. You could also have cold pressed peanut oil in your cooking as that is available in India. Eat a healthy pyaz wali bhindi sabzi instead of going for a deep fried option.
Pyaz Wali Bhindi for Weight Loss, Diabetics, Heart
Also remember to wash your hands before you eat as they can carry infections. Your hands have opened doors, pressed lift buttons etc where others with infection may have touched them before. Thats how a virus can spread.
3. Always be active and get your exercises in : Yes, want a healthy heart then put in the effort. Even if you have a one hour workout and you are sitting for the next 9 hours, then your one hour workout is almost useless. Inactivity, sedentary lifestyle or sitting too long is the number one cause of inflammation and poor blood circulation in your system. Your heart needs two things, the right nutrients (eating wisely) and oxygen and both these are carried by your blood circulation. Blood circulation happens with movement. If your are in your office, then try and sit on a stool without a back rest and that will make you use your core and fire up your body. That is why we find new age workers wanting to stand at times the whole day while working at their desk.
Mixed Sprouts Parota, Sprouts Paratha
Blood circulation is at its lowest when we are sitting or sedentary. 2 hours of watching TV may reduce heart healthy by 13% to 15% says Harvard study. There is a way to watch TV. Get up from your TV or pause and walk around or even better do some basic exrecises while watching TV. If you had an active day then nothing will happen by watching TV for 2 hours.
4. Smoking and Stress : The two s's. Common senses is stay away from your puff. Regarding stress, more stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation. That swells your arteries over time and leasds to a heart attack. Sort your stress out.
Methi Makai ki Roti
5. Lack of sleep : Your body needs 8 hours sleep. Sleep depravation and inflammation are linked with one another.
If you are sleep deprived, then you are compromising your heart health. Stress is also a big issue for heart attack. More stress makes more cortisol which creates more inflammation.
Paneer and Methi Roti
Try our healthy heart rotis, healthy heart parathas and other healthy heart recipe articles below.
Healthy Heart Accompaniments (20 recipes)
Healthy Heart Breakfast (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Dals & Kadhis (31 recipes)
Healthy Heart Desserts (17 recipes)
Healthy Heart Drinks Beverages (19 recipes)
Healthy Heart International Recipes (26 recipes)
Healthy Heart Rice, Khichdi and Biryani (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Salads Raitas (58 recipes)
Healthy Heart Soups (25 recipes)
Healthy Heart Starters Snacks (60 recipes)
Healthy Heart Subzis (41 recipes)