Thalipeeth, Maharashtrian Thalipeeth
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 162 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81480 times
A nutritious pancake made with 3 kinds of flours, making it delicious and more importantly nutritious also. Thalipeeth is the easiest snack that you can make.
The iron and folic acid content of the recipe is high and will help you supplement your needs during the first trimester. You can also use a combination of any of other flours like bajra, besan and rice flour if you wish.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava (griddle).
- Spread a layer of the batter to form a pancake of 4 mm. (1/6") thickness and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Repeat to make 3 more thalipeeth.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- You can add almost any flour that is on your kitchen shelf like bajra flour, rice flour, nachni flour, etc. to make thalipeeth.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.