Antioxidant Rich Smoothies | Antioxidant Indian Smoothies | healthy Antioxidant Smoothies |
Here are some healthy Indian smoothie recipes for those who love fruits and occasionally look forward to some variety instead of eating a whole fruit and also for those who don’t enjoy fruits as smoothies become a sneak way of adding antioxidant rich fruits to their diet.
These Antioxidant Indian Smoothies are prepared by combining fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants along with milk and curds while avoiding sugar. They are a perfect choice when you want to have something chilled and refreshing. These delicious smoothie recipes are easy to prepare.
16 antioxidant rich vegetables for smoothies in India. list of antioxidant rich vegetables for salads in India.
- Carrots. See recipes using carrots. Carrots have Beta Carotene which is a powerful Antioxidant . It helps fight free radicals which do damage to our cells. The net result is lower body inflammation.
- Spinach (Palak). See recipes using spinach. Spinach is a great Antioxidant and also one of the best vegetables to reduce cellular inflammation. Cutting out processed foods and sugar will go a long way in living a healthy lifestyle. One of the antioxidant found in spinach is factor CO-Q10 which is very important in strengthening your muscles, especially heart muscles and pump blood to different parts of your body. See Indian avocado spinach pear smoothie recipe | healthy pear smoothie with avocado and spinach| pear avocado spinach smoothie |
- Broccoli. see our Indian recipes using broccoli. Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables are rich in Antioxidants which helps remove harmful substances called free radicals. But remember to consume a rainbow of colorful vegetables and fruits daily. Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods.
- Sweet Potato. see our Indian recipes using sweet potatoes. Sweet Potato is a Boon for Boosting Immunity : The credit for this too goes to the ‘Antioxidants’, especially vitamin C. It helps build immune cells (WBC) thus forming a line of defence against all types of infections.
- Red Pumpkin. see recipes using pumpkin, bhopla. The magical combo of antioxidants and vitamins A and Vitamin C create a shield against cancer cells.
- Cabbage. see Indian reicpes using cabbage. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. The antioxidants help in removal of harmful substances from our body called free radicals.
- Lettuce. see recipes using lettuce. Lettuce Abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight : The antioxidants like vitamin A benefit us by ceasing the inflammation in the body which otherwise cause damage at cellular level. It also works with vitamin C to stop free radical damage.
- Tomatoes. see Indian recipes using tomatoes. Powerful Antioxidant: Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Lycopene is an antioxidant which scavenges the free radicals that causes cellular inflammation. Inflammation is the major cause of all the diseases.
- Purple Cabbage (Red Cabbage). see Indain recipes using red cabbage. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.
- Red Bell Pepper (Red Capsicum). Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums (red, green and yellow capsicum) are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
- Onion. see Indian recipes using onions. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. This antioxidant exhibits anti-inflammatory properties to ward off the free radicals which would otherwise harm our healthy body cells. This in turn prevents the onset of various chronic diseases like cancer, heart diseases etc.
- Garlic. see Indian recipes using garlic. An antioxidant protects the cells of the body from damage by harmful molecules called free radicals. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is known to lower cholesterol and thin the blood, which helps to prevent stroke.
- Avocado. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) which help to manage the cholesterol levels within normal limits. They also help reduce inflammation in the body and prevent blockage of arteries – one of the main reasons for heart attacks. The fiber in avocado (5 g) and the healthy fats (11 g) along with low carbs (6.3 g) aids in weight loss. See detailed avocado benefits.
- lemons. Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
- Cauliflower. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels quickly. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. It is rich in Antioxidant.
- fenugreek leaves. Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
12 antioxidant rich fruits in India
1. Muskmelon abounds in a key nutrient vitamin C, which strengthens our immune system by building our immune cells – white blood cells (WBC). This low-fat and high antioxidant fruit holds the capacity of reducing inflammation in the body and thus protecting your arteries and in turn heart. See detailed benefits of muskmelon.
2. Mango. The most important role Mango has is to build our immune system by building our white blood cells (WBC) and in turn help to keep diseases like common cold and cough at bay. See mango banana spinach smoothie.
Mango, Banana and Spinach Smoothie Bowl
3. Papaya. Being rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, it helps to protect against heart diseases by oxidising the excess Cholesterol. Papaya is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels and relives constipation. See papaya smoothie recipe | healthy Indian papaya smoothie | papaya smoothie with curds and milk|
papaya smoothie recipe | healthy Indian papaya smoothie | papaya smoothie with curds and milk |
4. Oranges. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : These fruits are low in calorie and rich source of fiber. They are also low carb and high in Vitamic C.
5. Strawberry. Strawberries are chock-full of a phytonutrients, which are good antioxidants and reduce body inflammation. This pink-red coloured fruit abounds in vitamin C. You will be surprised that a cup of strawberry is enough to fulfills your day’s requirement of vitamin C, which helps in building a healthy immune system and keeping all types of infections away. See strawberry yoghurt smoothie recipe | healthy no sugar Indian strawberry smoothie | strawberry curd smoothie with banana |
strawberry yoghurt smoothie | healthy no sugar Indian strawberry smoothie | strawberry curd smoothie with banana |
6. Guava. (Peru) : After amla, guava is a fruit, which is packed with immune building Vitamin C (275.5 mg / cup). Guavas are a great source of fighting bacteria, which cause diseases like common cold and cough.
7. Pineapple. Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC).
8. Apple. Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. See oats apple almond milk smoothie or blueberry apple smoothie recipe | healthy apple blueberry smoothie | blueberry apple and curd Indian smoothie |
oats apple almond milk smoothie recipe | Indian apple and oats breakfast smoothie | healthy cinnamon apple smoothie with oats |
9. Watermelons. Watermelon is low in calories and full of water, thus is good for weight loss too. Citrulline in watermelon has been studied for its effect on heart function and it was revealed that it improves heart function and helps in the treatment of heart failure. See melon and watermelon smoothie recipe.
Melon and Watermelon Smoothie, Melon Smoothie Recipe with Yogurt
10. Blueberries. 1. Powerful Antioxidant : Blueberries have great antioxidant value, especially anthocyanins, which help to fight cancer and degeneration of cells. 2. Good for Skin : The antioxidants also help to fight harmful free radicals and reduce wrinkles on your skin. See peanut butter blueberry almond milk smoothie.
peanut butter blueberry almond milk smoothie recipe | blueberry peanut butter Indian smoothie with banana | blueberry peanut butter smoothie with almond milk |
12. Peach. Peaches are not very high in calories and a good source of fibre. Thus they have a good satiety value. You can have them in between meals while on weight loss regime.
Try our fruit and vegetable smoothie like Avocado Spinach Pear Smoothie and Papaya and Green Apple Smoothie.
Indian avocado spinach pear smoothie recipe | healthy pear smoothie with avocado and spinach | pear avocado spinach smoothie
We also have lactose free smoothie Healthy Peanut Butter Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie.We also have a unique smoothie recipe which you would love to taste Carrot,Tomato and Egg Smoothie.
carrot tomato egg smoothie recipe | Indian vegetable egg smoothie | healthy capsicum, carrot egg smoothie | protein egg smoothie | protein shake with eggs |