85 muskmelon recipes | Indian kharbooja recipes
muskmelon recipes | Indian kharbooja recipes. Muskmelon is a round melon with firm, orange, moderately-sweet flesh and a thin reticulated light-brown rind. Available in abundance in summer, they are a powerhouse of many nutrients including water. Sweet and pleasing to taste, they are loved by most people. Other common names of muskmelon include sweet melon or rock melon. In Hindi, Marathi and Telugu its referred to as ‘Kharbooja’, while in Tamil it’s called ‘Mulam pazham and Bengalis term it as ‘Kharmuj’ while Gujaratis refer it as Shakartetti’.
muskmelon, kharbooja used in Indian drinks
1. Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink : The unusual combination of muskmelon, orange and coconut water lends a refreshing flavour to this drink. Tender coconut water adds a tingling sensation to the tangy flavour of orange, while muskmelon gives a soothing texture and pleasant scent to it.
Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink
A touch of black salt perks up the Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink further, but you can also do without it, if you prefer. Sugar can also be avoided or reduced if the fruits are naturally very sweet.
2. Summer is incomplete without mangoes and melons, and delightful treats made with them. Here is a refreshing Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom, which is sure to refresh you on a hot summer’s day.
Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom
3. MuskMelon Black Grape Drink : Here's a happy cleansing drink that will protect your skin from the harmful toxins and make it glow! Melons have high content of water and thus act as diuretic hydrating our body and eliminating toxins from our body.
Melon Punch, Musk Melon Black Grape Drink
Healthy Muskmelon Indian drinks
1. Muskmelon and Orange Juice is an ultimate healing juice, ideal as an immune booster due to its high vitamin A levels. Vitamin A (Beta-carotene) is a potent antioxidant that delays ageing, fights cancers, promotes greater concentration and aids in mental alertness.
Melon Magic, Muskmelon and Orange Juice
Besides melon's diuretic and cleansing power, its seeds are just as good. Rich in potassium, which helps to lower high blood pressure, they are also valued for their zinc and vitamin E content. So do not forget to add a few.
A dash of lemon juice perks up the mild flavour of muskmelon, transforming the drink into a tongue-tickling one, which is sure to appeal to everybody.
Salads using Muskmelon
1. The combination of fruits being so interesting, the Muskmelon Grapefruit and Prune Salad does not even require a dressing. A brilliant combination of ingredients with complementary flavours and textures makes this a strikingly tasty salad!
Muskmelon Grapefruit and Prune Salad, Ibs Recipe
A sprinkling of sunflower seeds for crunch, and a dash of salt and pepper is all that the salad needs for a flavour boost.
Just toss together the ingredients and a wonderful snack is ready for you to munch on. The salad uses stomach-friendly fruits, making this a great between-meals snack for those with IBS.
2. Muskmelon, Pear and Apple Salad in low-cal curd based parsley dressing is a yummy treat for diabetics and others as well. The apple and pear in this recipe provide a good dose of fibre, while the muskmelon provides the required Vitamin A! What is more, the irresistibly tasty curd-parsley dressing too is made suitable for health-watchers in this version, which replaces cream with thick low-fat curds.
Muskmelon, Pear and Apple Salad
Benefits of Muskmelon
Muskmelon ( Kharbooja): Muskmelon abounds in a key nutrient vitamin C, which strengthens our immune system by building our immune cells – white blood cells (WBC). These help to fight against the bacteria which usually grow within a clogged pore and shows up as acne. If you too are looking to loose weight, reach out for muskmelon. Its sweet taste is the best to turn your head to satisfy your sweet tooth. This low-fat and high antioxidant fruit holds the capacity of reducing inflammation in the body and thus protecting your arteries and in turn heart. Your diet triggers or controls acidity. The pH of muskmelon is in between 6.5 to 7. So they are considered to be almost neutral and thus help in balancing the acids of the stomach. See detailed benefits of muskmelon.
Enjoy muskmelon recipes | Indian kharbooja recipes below.