Green Pea Skin Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38076 times
A creamy soup with no cream! The Green Pea Skin Soup is a deliciously unique soup made with the skin and the pods of green peas, cooked with milk and onions. When you open the cooker after the required whistles, it might seem like the milk has curdled, but worry not, that is the way it is supposed to be. Once you blend, strain and season it, the soup will be just perfect!
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green peas skin and green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and ¼ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer and transfer into a deep non-stick pan.
- Add the ¼ cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||175.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.