Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 230 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34864 times
Succulent eggplant slices coated with a semi-spicy, herbed tomato sauce is cooked together for just a minute for the flavours to sink in. You will love the perfect texture of the eggplant slices and the balanced flavour of the tomato sauce, all of which make this quick and easy recipe a delight to behold and dig into! serve the eggplant in tomato sauce immediately, so it does not become soggy.
- Put the oil in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave on high for about 12 seconds.
- Spread the eggplant slices over the hot oil and sprinkle a little salt on top. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly and blend the mixer till smooth.
- Add the chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the prepared tomato sauce over the eggplant slices.
- Cover the serving dish and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||227.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.5 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.