How many calories does one Nachni Sesame Khakhra have?
One Nachni Sesame Khakhra gives 84 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 52 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 24 calories. One Nachni Sesame Khakhra provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to see Nachni Sesame Khakhra recipe. nachni sesame khakhra recipe | nachni til khakhra | homemade ragi khakhra | healthy tasty nachni khakhra |
Nachni sesame khakhra is a jar snack which can be relished at any time of the day. Learn how to make healthy tasty nachni khakhra.
Nachni flour is also a healthy choice for diabetics and those with heart problems. This is because it is brimming with fiber which helps manage blood sugar and cholesterol levels. These healthy tasty nachni khakhra are good in between meal options as compared to the fried snacks loaded with calories and fat. 1 to 2 khakhra is the suggested serving size.
To make nachni sesame khakhra, combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough, using enough warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil and divide it into 8 equal portions.
Roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame using ¼ tsp of oil till pink spots appear on both the sides. Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns crisp and brown on both the sides. Serve nachni sesame khakhra immediately or store in an air-tight.
Our bones lose calcium as we age, and therefore a calcium-rich diet is extremely important to help regain the bone strength. Nachni or ragi is rich in calcium and including it as part of the daily diet helps build strong bones. These homemade ragi khakhra are enjoyable to eat and they also help ‘up’ your calcium and phosphorus levels! Each khakhra makes up 10% of the day's calcium and phosphorus requirement.
Pregnant women who need enough calcium through the nine months of gestation can also opt for thesenachni til khakhra . These khakhras are a good option for moms-to-be who often face nausea and vomiting as a dry snack as a wise choice then. Infact, these khakhras are a nourishing choice for growing kids’ tiffins as well.
Tips for nachni sesame khakhra.
1. Since the khakhras are cooked with minimal oil, cooking on a slow flame is a must to avoid burning.
2. As a healthy alternative, you can substitute ragi flour with jowar flour or bajra flour.
Enjoy nachni sesame khakhra recipe | nachni til khakhra | homemade ragi khakhra | healthy tasty nachni khakhra.
Is Nachni Sesame Khakhra healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Nachni sesame khakhra.
What's good in Nachni sesame khakhra.
1. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, high in fiber which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Sesame Seeds (Til) : These tiny white seeds are indeed a good source of protein. Half of daily requirement of calcium is fulfilled by consuming ½ cup of sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are a storehouse of iron, folic acid and help to prevent iron deficiency anaemia and boost your energy. The lignans, a type of polyphenol, present in seed does wonders to naturally reduce cholesterol levels. See detailed benefits of sesame seeds.
4. Turmeric Powder (Haldi): Turmeric helps in digestion of food thus helping to overcome indigestion. Haldi may help in reducing the growth of fat cells in the body. Turmeric, being rich in iron, is highly valuable in the treatment of anaemia and both the root as well as the powder should be a regular part of an anaemic diet. One of the health benefits of turmeric is it’s anti-inflammatory property due to the active compound, Curcumin, which helps to relieve inflammation of the joints and thus is a ladder to relieve pain related to arthritis. The curcumin in haldi also helps to ward of the bacteria’s causing cold, cough and throat irritation. Turmeric benefits in diabetes management by lowering blood glucose levels. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects are useful in the treatment of diabetes patients. It is known to be a good brain food and keep diseases like Alzheimer’s at bay. See here for detailed turmeric benefits.
Red chilli powder : Red chilli powder can set the taste buds on fire, and sometimes the tummy too! It is basically a spice blend consisting of one or two types of dried red chillies that are ground and pulverized into a fine powder. It is generally used to add spice to otherwise bland foods.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Nachni Sesame Khakhra ?
Yes, this is healthy but when having cereals such as jowar, bajra, buckwheat, ragi, oats and barley, it's best to have some low fat curds with it for diabetics to reduce the carbohydrate load and it is recommended to control portion size of the cereal. Good for heart and weight loss but control portion size.
Low Fat Curds
Can healthy individuals have Nachni Sesame Khakhra ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Nachni Sesame Khakhra is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Acidity breakfast
8. Low Blood pressure snacks
How to burn 84 calories that come from Nachni Sesame Khakhra?
Walking (6 kmph) = 25 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 14 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.