How many calories does one serving of Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake have?
One serving of Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake gives 247 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 71 calories, proteins account for 27 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 149 calories. One serving of Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Indian style cheesecake | eggless baked cheesecake | vegetarian paneer curd cheesecake| quick and easy cheesecake | with step by step photos.
Unlike many cheesecakes, which are merely assembled and served, this Indian style cheesecake features a crust of crushed biscuits, which is topped with a spicy and richly-textured cheesecake mixture and baked till the perfect texture is achieved.
Ingredients for eggless baked cheesecake are paneer, Marie biscuit, curd, condensed milk, butter and a little bit of sugar. The crust of vegetarian paneer curd cheesecake is so tasty that my kids love it. Made from Marie biscuits or any salted biscuit, sugar and melted butter which are just mixed together.
I love making eggless baked cheesecake. Since I am vegetarian and so are millions of Indian’s, our team worked on a perfect Indian style cheesecake which was made without eggs. In addition, we have used low cost ingredients in making this vegetarian paneer curd cheesecake.
To sweeten the Indian style cheesecake we have used condensed milk.
How to make Indian style cheesecake. For the crust. 1. Marie biscuits or any salted biscuit, sugar and melted butter which are just mixed together in a bowl. 2. Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 150 mm. (6") loose bottomed cake tin. 3. Refrigerate for at-least 30 minutes. Keep aside. For the cheesecake mixture. 1. Combine paneer, curds, baking soda, condensed milk and nutmeg in a mixer and blend till smooth. 2. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the raisins and mix well. Keep aside. 3. Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the set biscuit base and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. 4. Cool slightly and serve eggless baked cheesecake immediately.
Baking also enhances the flavour of the cheesecake mixture which is comprised predominantly of cottage cheese and other dairy products perked up with raisins and spices in Indian style cheesecake.
This melt-in-the-mouth Indian style cheesecaketherefore has an irresistible flavour that lingers on your palate and memory for a long time afterwards.
A fantastic treat that is perfect to serve at a High Tea Party or as a dessert, with a topping of Chocolate Sauce.
Chocolate Sauce, Quick Homemade Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Is Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake healthy?
No, this is not healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Paneer + Low Fat Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
Low fat paneer is has all the same nutrients as full-fat paneer, but it is minus the fat.
Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice. Curd is one of the richest source of protein, calcium and minerals. They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. Being low in sodium, it is safe to be eaten by individuals with high blood pressure. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Raisins, Kismis : The health and nutritional benefits of sun-dried raisins range from the classic nutrients - such as natural sugars and potassium - to newly discovered antioxidant factors, factors which have found an important place in medicine and nutrition only in the last twenty years.
The natural sugars of raisins are a great source of energy and come packaged together with fiber and other nutrients. Since raisins are high in potassium and low in sodium this makes them an ideal part of a heart healthy diet. The fiber in raisins, combined with other food from plants high in fiber, helps to regulate intestinal function and proper elimination. Raisins like grapes are one of the few fruits that contain a reasonable level of tartaric acid that works together with fiber to help proper elimination and help keep the colon healthy. The phenolic compounds in raisins are powerful, protective antioxidants. When hungry for a snack reach for a handy packet of raisins for a natural satisfying snack and prevent overeating. Raisins have been successfully used as part of diets to lower blood cholesterol and prevent its damaging oxidation. Richest source of mineral boron, benefits the bones.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet.
Can healthy individuals have Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake?
No. Sugar + condendsed milk is used.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake is high in
1. Vitamin B1, Thiamine diet foods rich in wheat flour, jowar, bajra, chana dal, flax seeds, garden cress, matki
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
What is a healthier Cake option or dessert option?
We suggest Almond Berry Coconut Cake though it does contain some honey but is far healthier as it is made from almond flour. An amazing dessert is the Chocolate Coconut Vegan Dessert made with healthy ingredients.
Almond Berry and Coconut Cake, For Fitness and Weight Loss
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 247 calories that come from one serving of Indian Style Cheesecake, Eggless Baked Cheesecake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 14 min
Running (11 kmph) = 25 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 33 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 42 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.