Chocolate Coconut Healthy Vegan Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3006 times
If you have wondered whether it is ever possible to make a delicious dessert without butter, sugar or plain flour, this Chocolate Coconut Healthy Vegan Dessert is the ultimate answer to your doubts!
With the intense flavour of cocoa, the mellow but rich taste of coconut butter and the lovely crunch of coconut, this dessert is one that everyone will relish.
It is loaded with good healthy fat, and all the goodness of coconut and unsweetened cocoa. Coconut oil is extremely good for you as it increases good cholesterol and converts bad cholesterol (LDL) to good cholesterol.
Unsweetened cocoa powder, which is ideal for using in desserts, is low in fat, reduces blood pressure and helps prevent blood clots.
We have used just a dash of maple syrup to sweeten this dessert and get the perfect taste. Use our recipe of homemade coconut butter to make this healthy recipe.
This vegan dessert lasts for a week in the refrigerator if stored in a dry, airtight container.
- Combine the coconut oil and coconut butter in a small broad non-stick pan, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the maple syrup and mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the maple syrup and mix well.
- Cool slightly, place 12 small paper cups on a plate and put little mixture into each paper cup.
- Freeze for atleast 15 minutes, demould and consume immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.