Vegan Amaranth Almond Milk and Apple Porridge
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9976 times
When a recipe is satiating, tasty and healthy too, you don’t have to think twice before making it. Well, this Vegan Amaranth Almond Milk and Apple Porridge is just that!
A touch of cinnamon and maple syrup give it an awesome flavour, while ingredients like apple and wholegrain amaranth give it an interesting mouth-feel.
If you are not vegan , you can use honey instead of maple syrup – that has a nice, rustic taste too. Wholegrain amaranth is full of protein. Almond milk too is a rich source of calcium and protein, while apple is loaded with fibre and nutrients.
Working together, these nutritious ingredients keep you full for a long time. This gluten-free recipe also reduces inflammation and cholesterol. It is especially good for pregnant women. Serve it immediately after preparation as it tends to get lumpy after a while.
- Combine the amaranth, cinnamon stick and ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the maple syrup and mix well. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Place half the porridge on a serving plate, top it with 2 tbsp of chopped apples evenly over it.
- Repeat step 4 to make 1 more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.