How many calories does one serving of Fresh Fruit Raita have?
One serving of Fresh Fruit Raita gives 163 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 81 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 61 calories. One serving of Fresh Fruit Raita provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Fresh Fruit Raita recipe | healthy mix fruit raita | easy mixed fruit raita | with 17 amazing images.
fruit raita recipe | healthy mix fruit raita | easy mixed fruit raita is a nourishing bowl for one and all. Learn how to make healthy mix fruit raita.
To make fruit raita, mix the dressing and refrigerate it for at least an hour or till use. Just before serving, combine the apple, pineapple and pomegranate in a deep bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Serve mixed fruit raita.
This sweet and delicious raita makes use of curds-which is a powerhouse of calcium. A cup of low-fat curd is a must to meet the adult recommended dietary allowance for calcium. This easy mixed fruit raita will ensure that you stock up on calcium through tasty means!
The fruits are a storehouse of nutrients like vitamin C and other antioxidants which will help to reduce inflammation and boost immunity. The healthy mix fruit raita is a wise pick for heart patients, diabetics and weight-watchers. They can benefit from the fibre in the fruits and manage blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels. They can make their choice between full fat curd and low fat curd depending on the recommended fat intake.
Tips for fresh fruit raita. 1. Use fresh curd for best flavour. 2. Make sure the pineapple is not sour to avoid the addition of sugar. 3. To make this raita for upvas, avoid the use of mint, pepper powder, black salt and salt. Instead add rock salt (sendha namak).
Is Fresh Fruit Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
4. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
5. Pomegranate, Anar : Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit. Pomegranates contain nitrates which are shown to improve exercise performance. A study conducted on athletes stated that pomegranates if taken 30 minutes before exercise, significantly enhances the blood flow to the exercising muscles. High in vitamin C, a good source of fiber and low in calories, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants that will help to protect your blood lipids from oxidation and good for heart. See detailed benefits of pomegranate.
6. Pineapple : ½ cup of chopped pineapple contains 2.3 grams of fiber and being a natural laxative helps in keeping your bowel movements smooth and regular. It also helps you feel satiated for a longer period of time which eventually decreases your entire calorie intake in a day. However, it is always better to have fresh pineapple. Pineapple has a low glycemic load of about 5. and should be eaten in moderation by diabetics.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fresh Fruit Raita?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. We have used low fat curds and low fat milk in this recipe. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit.
Can healthy individuals have Fresh Fruit Raita ?
Fresh Fruit Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas
4. Healthy heart accompaniment
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas
6. Diabetic with heart issues
7. Diabetic Accompaniments
8. Diabetic salads, raitas
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Fresh Fruit Raita is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 163 calories that come from Fresh Fruit Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 49 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 16 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 22 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 28 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.