How many calories does one serving of Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi have?
One serving of Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi gives 406 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 56 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 338 calories. One serving of Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi provides about 20 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to see Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi recipe. Bhindi sambhariya recipe | Gujarati style stuffed bhindi | stuffed okra with coconut, coriander and spices is a common sabzi from the land of Gujarat.
To make bhindi sambhariya, wash and slit the ladies finger lengthwise carefully, so that the segments do not separate. Fill each ladies finger with a little of the prepared filling and keep aside. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the asafoetida. Add the stuffed ladies finger and mix well. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes or till the ladies finger is cooked, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Stuffed okra with coconut, coriander and spices is an irresistible preparation of fresh okras, stuffed with an exciting sesame-tinged coconut and coriander mixture, and cooked in its own juice.
Succulent and perfectly cooked ladies finger has withstood the test of time and continues to be hot favourite with people of all age groups. Bhindi sambhariya is indeed a delightful preparation that is sure to satiate your taste buds and your tummy!
This dish is a good fit for any occasion, and any meal! Traditionally Gujarati style stuffed bhindi is served with roti, Gujarati kadhi and a glass of buttermilk.
Tips for bhindi sambhariya.
1. Choose very small and tender okras for the best flavour, and enjoy its juicy feel combined with typical gujarati spices.
2. You can also add 2 tbsp of coarsely ground peanuts to the filling.
3. Prefer a broad or deep non-stick pan, so the bhindi cooks well uniformly.
4. If you think that the bhindi is turning sticky, then add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice and mix well.
5. The filling can be used to stuff other veggies like potato and onion also.
Is Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi healthy?
No, this bhindi subzi is not healthy.
Let's understand the ingredients of Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi.
What's good in Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi.
Bhindi (lady finger, okra) : The vitamin Folate (B9) present in lady finger is required in blood RBC production. There are also fair amounts of Vitamin C, which boosts immunity. There are good amounts for dietary fiber present and hence good for diabetics and weight loss. It lowers cholesterol and good for heart. See the 10 amazing benefits of lady finger.
Hing ( Asafoetida) : The active compound 'coumarin' helps in managing blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Asafoetida is known to have anti-bacterial properties, which helps to keep asthma at bay. Asafoetida is an age-old remedy for bloating and other stomach problems like flatulence. The best solution is to gulp down little hing with water or dissolve it in water and sip it. It can also be used along with curd or almond oil as a hair mask. It helps to prevent dryness of hair and smoothen as well as strengthen hair.
Coconut : The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
Coriander (kothmir, dhania): Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Ginger (Adrak) : Ginger is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion and relieves constipation. Ginger was found as effective as drugs in relieving menstrual pain. Ginger is effective in decreasing the cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol. Ginger significantly reduces symptoms of nausea in pregnant ladies. See here for 16 Super Health Benefits of Adrak, Ginger.
Turmeric Powder (Haldi): Turmeric helps in digestion of food thus helping to overcome indigestion. Haldi may help in reducing the growth of fat cells in the body. Turmeric, being rich in iron, is highly valuable in the treatment of anaemia and both the root as well as the powder should be a regular part of an anaemic diet. One of the health benefits of turmeric is it’s anti-inflammatory property due to the active compound, Curcumin, which helps to relieve inflammation of the joints and thus is a ladder to relieve pain related to arthritis. The curcumin in haldi also helps to ward of the bacteria’s causing cold, cough and throat irritation. Turmeric benefits in diabetes management by lowering blood glucose levels. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects are useful in the treatment of diabetes patients. It is known to be a good brain food and keep diseases like Alzheimer’s at bay. See here for detailed turmeric benefits.
Benefits of Cumin Seeds powder ( jeera powder) : The most common benefit of jeera known to many is to soothe the stomach, intestine and the entire digestive tract. Cumin seeds powder are apparently a very good source of iron. A tbsp. of cumin seeds can fulfil nearly 20% of days iron requirement. Even small quantity of cumin seeds has huge amounts of calcium – a bone supporting mineral. They aid is digestion, weight loss and help reduce inflammation. See detailed benefits of cumin seeds, jeera.
Sesame Seeds (Til) : These tiny white seeds are indeed a good source of protein. Half of daily requirement of calcium is fulfilled by consuming ½ cup of sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are a storehouse of iron, folic acid and help to prevent iron deficiency anaemia and boost your energy. The lignans, a type of polyphenol, present in seed does wonders to naturally reduce cholesterol levels. See detailed benefits of sesame seeds.
Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
What's problem in Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi.
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Is Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi good for Diabetics, heart patients and weight?
This recipe is not good and healthy for Diabetics, heart patients and weight loss as lot of vegetable oil which is highly processed not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Also sugar is used in this recipe, supposed to avoid by the diabetics, heart patients and weight loss.
Is Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi good for individual?
Yes, but cut the usage of oil. Food having more oil is also not suggested for healthy lifestyle.
What is a healthier sabzi option ?
Here are some very healthy sabzis like paneer labadar , dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, chana palak, mushroom mutter masala, mooli ki sabzi recipe and bhindi masala recipe.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
How to burn 406 calories that come from Bhindi Sambhariya, Gujarati Style Stuffed Bhindi?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|| 2 hours 2 mins
|Running (11 kmph) =
|| 41 mins
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|| 54 mins
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
|| 1 hour 20 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.