by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1366 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 409638 times
Kadhi is a traditional gujarati preparation of a wonderful sweet and spicy curd mixture thickened with gram flour, which can be enhanced in many ways using other ingredients like pakoras and koftas. Remember never to boil the kadhi on a high flame as it tends to curdle. Gujarati kadhi goes very well with khichdi.
- Combine the curds and besan in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add 3 cups of water and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared curds-besan-water mixture, curry leaves, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and sugar, mix well and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotli, puran poli and khichdi.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.