How many calories does one small glass Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice have?
One small glass Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice gives 177 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 154 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 12 calories. One small glass Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice recipe. Popeye munched on spinach for strength, you can do just that… or drink a glassful of this Spinach, Apple and Pineapple Juice to keep you going full force all day!
Pineapple is the source of carbohydrate here to provide energy. Taken in the mid-afternoon, it will give you a mentally and physically stress-free evening and still leave you with energy reserves for the rest of the day.
Also, if you are really tired, celery in this juice has a restful and calming effect.
Is Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
3. Pineapple (Ananas) : Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC). It is known for its laxative effect and overcome or prevent constipation. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. By reducing inflammation it helps to relieve the joint pain related to arthritis. Cons : Pineapple as a sole snack would not be recommended for diabetics. Paired with other high fiber and low glycemic index fruits, you can include it in small portions. Pineapple is not very low in calories nor carbs and hence not good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of pineapple.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice ?
This recipe is not suitable for diabetics as it is better to have the whole fruit instead of the juice. Yes, this recipe is good for heart and weight loss. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly.
Can healthy individuals have Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice?
Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
7. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
8. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
9. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 177 calories that come from Spinach Apple and Pineapple Juice?
Walking (6 kmph) = 53 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 18 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 24 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 30 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.