How many calories does one serving of Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work have?
One serving of Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work gives 188 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 61 calories, proteins account for 23 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 111 calories. One serving of Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work recipe. A splash of colours and vibrant flavours, this salad is a real delight to munch on. Enjoyed as a lunch in the afternoon, it is sure to reboot your day and make you feel positively charged! The Beetroot, Peppers, Carroty Healthy Salad for Work is loaded with multi-textured ingredients with awesome health benefits like greens, veggies, paneer and more. A lemony, honey-tinged dressing boost the flavour of the salad making it an exciting surprise for your palate. Vitamin A rich carrots are good for your eyes while beetroot is an excellent antioxidant. Red pumpkin is good for your heart, paneer provides the protein for your meal, rocket leaves give you iron, and olive oil is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids .You can see that every ingredient that goes into this salad is beneficial for you, in a very very tasty way though! So, nothing stops you from giving it a try right away.
Is Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Red Pumpkin ( kaddu, bhopla) : A cup of pumpkin cubes fulfils your day’s requirement of Vitamin A (5526 mcg), thus making it a super food for your eyes. Kaddu can be included in safe amounts or restricted amounts by diabetics. The magical combo of antioxidants and Vitamins A and Vitamin C create a shield against cancer cells. The antioxidants help reducing LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and clogging the blood vessels, which if persists would increase the risk of heart disease. Read is pumpkin healthy?
4. Zucchini : Zucchini, as a matter of fact, is a water-filled low calorie vegetable which is sure to keep you full for long time. It can be considered as a low carb, non-starchy vegetable which can be a healthy addition to weight loss diets and low carb diets. Zucchini, like apple and pear, are rich in fiber pectin. This is a polysaccharide responsible for lowering cholesterol and keeping your arteries free of plaque. Zucchini’s water content plays the major role here. The high water content is necessary to bind stools and enhance its easy movement through the digestive tract. This is the same reason why zucchini is suggested for digestive ailments like constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and leaky gut syndrome. Managing blood sugar well needs high fiber and less carbs. Zucchini fulfils both these criteria. See detailed benefits of Zucchini.
5. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
6. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
7.Alfalfa Sprouts : With a decent amount of fiber and very low fat count, these sprouts are a healthy addition to maintain heart health and good for diabetics. They are a good source of folate which has been known to have a key role on preventing neural birth defects in new born babies. Pregnant women must benefits from its key nutrients from through all the 3 trimesters. Shiny bouncy hair needs protein, vitamin C, antioxidants and zinc. Alfalfa sprouts has all of these. See detailed benefits of alfalfa sprouts in alfalfa sprouts glossary.
8. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
9. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT drop the honey for daibetics. This is a fresh healthy salad which is made of high quality ingredients. You can easily drop one of the vegetables while making this. A cup of pumpkin cubes fulfils your day’s requirement of Vitamin A (5526 mcg), thus making it a super food for your eyes. Kaddu can be included in safe amounts or restricted amounts by diabetics. The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body.
Can healthy individuals have Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work?
Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 188 calories that come from Beetroot, Peppers,Carrot Healthy Salad for Work?
Walking (6 kmph) = 56 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 25 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 32 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.