Virgin Mary ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11888 times
Strange as it may sound, the most important aspect of this drink is that the glasses’ rim must be coated with salt! The salted rim gives an amazing feeling while sipping this drink. Do not forget to garnish it with lemon slices.
Tomatoes, of course, are rich in folic acid and vitamins A and C, making this as healthy as it is tasty – a range combination of characteristics! Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces add zing to this drink, which is healthier and tastier than aerated drinks that provide nothing but calories.
- Press the lemon a bit and then move it along the rim of the glass.
- Shake off the excess and dip 2 glasses in salt and allow the frosting to dry. Keep aside.
- Shake all the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour into the salt-rimmed glasses.
- Top each glass with ¼ cup crushed ice and serve immediately garnished with lemon slices.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.