• Season your tomato juice with salt, pepper, sugar, cumin powder or black salt, as per your taste, and enjoy it as a refreshing drink.
• You can also use it in cocktails and mocktails.
• Tomato juice is used in cooking, to make broths and soups, sauces and ketchups, salad dressings and salsas.
How to store tomato juice, tamatar ka juice, tamatar ka ras
• Keep tomatoes at room temperature.
• Never store them in a plastic bag.
• If you want to speed up the ripening process, put the tomatoes in a pierced paper bag with an apple, which emits ethylene gas, a ripening agent.
• Whole tomatoes can be refrigerated if you want them to stay for more than 2-3 days.
• If using a tetra pack of tomato juice, always refrigerate after opening.
• Always check expiry dates or use-by dates on the tetra pack.
• Unopened packs of tomato juice to be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry area.
• Discard the tomato juice if the can or tetra pack is leaking, rusting, bulging or severely-dented.
Health benefits of tomato juice, tamatar ka juice, tamatar ka ras
• Raw tomato juice is considered a super food with abundant vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of vitamins A, K and B-complex along with minerals like magnesium and phosphorous.
• It helps detoxify the body by taking all toxins out of the body.
• Rich in vitamin A and lycopene, tomato juice helps to inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.
• Full of antioxidants, tomato juice helps energize the body.
• Vitamins A and C help to build up our immune cells.
• Low in calories, this juice can be enjoyed by weight watchers too!