Vegetable Kofta Curry
by Anupama Murali
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47938 times
Unusual vegetables are used to make this Vegetable Kofta Curry. You can choose your choice of vegetables to make the koftas. The koftas are simmered for a few minutes in onion-tomato based gravy tempered with whole spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Serve with pulao, ghee rice, roti, parathas....
- Peel and grate all the vegetables, add a little salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water from the grated vegetables and keep the water aside to use for the gravy.
- To the grated vegetables add coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, besan and salt mix well.
- Divide the vegetable mixture into small equal portions and shape them into small balls.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, fennel seeds and cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Then add the onion paste a saute till the raw smell disappears. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the oil seperates.
- Add the squeezed out water from the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chilli powder, salt and coriander-cumin seeds powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fried koftas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 25 Nov 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.