Corn Soya Koftas in Malwani Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30826 times
Perfect choice for the cold, rainy day, when you want to wake your sleeping senses with a spicy malwani gravy! a traditional recipe, from the heart of the maharashtra, the green gravy with coconut milk and the garden fresh feel of coriander, are indeed a pleasure to accost! not only a sensory delight but a healthy one too, thanks to the generous dose of soya. It's also made with very little oil, so you do not have to worry much about the calorie count either.
- Combine the soya chunks powder and ¼ cup of warm water together in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into oval koftas.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the soya oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Add the coconut and sauté while stirring continuously for about 2 minutes or till the coconut turns golden brown.
- Add the coriander, green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the same kadhai on a medium flame, add the prepared paste, salt and 1 cup of water and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Add the koftas to the gravy and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.