Vegetable Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103679 times
Khichdi is a complete meal in itself, providing plenty of energy, protein and folic acid for your baby.
This yummy Vegetable Khichdi is all the more nutritious, thanks to the addition of vitamin A rich carrots. The appealing colour, soft texture and slight sweetness of cooked carrots also improve the flavour and texture of this meal.
All in all, this recipe is a good way of introducing your child to a mildly-spiced dish.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, clove, peppercorn, bottle gourd, carrot, green moong dal, rice, turmeric powder and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- When it is done, remove the peppercorn and clove. Mash the khichdi a little with the back of a spoon.
- Serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.