Vegetable Khichdi (baby and toddler) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5798 times
Khichdi is a complete meal in itself providing plenty of energy, protein and folic acid to your baby. The addition of carrots makes it rich in vitamin a and fibre. This recipe is a good way of introducing a mildly spiced meal to your baby's diet.
Recipe Description for Vegetable Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler)
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, clove, peppercorn, bottle gourd, carrot, green moong dal, rice, turmeric powder and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- When it is done, remove the peppercorn and clove. Mash the khichdi a little with the back of a spoon.
- Serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.