Vitamin Khichdi (Protein, Iron and Calcium Rich) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 10309 times
This dish is one meal but multi-nutrient! It is packed with vitamins and proteins that are found in abundance in paneer, moong sprouts and dalia. The veggies, masala and curd ensure that you have a delicious, and healthy meal.
Recipe Description for Vitamin Khichdi ( Protein Rich Recipe )
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly in enough water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the broken wheat and moong sprouts and sauté. On a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, onions, green peas, tomatoes, curds, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- For the topping, heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan, add the paneer, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Top the khichdi with sautéed paneer and serve hot with low-fat curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.