Sprouts Khichdi (Baby and Toddler) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 7678 times
This yummy khichdi made with mixed sprouts has a hint of subtle spices like onions and garlic. If your baby enjoys these, it will ensure that meal times are splatter free and more enjoyable. Fresh curds make a perfect accompaniment for this khichdi.
Recipe Description for Sprouts Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler)
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds
- Add ¾ cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid
- Coarsely mash the khichdi using the back of a spoon.
- Serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
See step by step images of Sprouts Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.