Dal and Vegetable Soup (Baby and Toddler) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8554 times
This colourful soup is a good way to combine dal and vegetables, giving your little one protein from dal and iron, calcium, folic acid, vitamin a and fibre from vegetables. Serve it with whole wheat bread sticks and watch your baby dip them into the soup and munch them with relish.
Recipe Description for Dal and Vegetable Soup ( Baby and Toddler)
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- When cooled, blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a broad non-stick pan and add the salt. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with paneer and serve lukewarm with whole wheat bread sticks.
See step by step images of Dal and Vegetable Soup ( Baby and Toddler) Recipe
- If cow pea leaves are not available, you can use spinach instead. If your baby likes cheese, you can also add half slice of cheese to this soup.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrate||Invisible Fat||Fibre||Vitamin A||Calcium||Iron||Folic Acid|
| 79 kcal|| 5.5 gm|| 13.4 gm|| 0.4 gm|| 1.0 gm|| 983.3 mcg|| 84.4 mg|| 3.8 mg|| 43.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.