Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi (Diabetic Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 6162 times
Inspired by heart-warming Rajasthani Cuisine, Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi is a whole wheat khichdi that is sumptuous and tasty enough to make a complete meal. Replacing rice with whole wheat enhances the fibre and iron content of this recipe, while the use of equal amounts of ghee and oil gives it a traditional touch while reducing the amount of fat. If you wish you can avoid the ghee completely and use 2 tsp of oil in this recipe, especially if you have high cholesterol.
Recipe Description for Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi ( Diabetic Recipe)
- Clean, wash and soak the wheat in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Drain well.
- Grind the wheat to a coarse paste in a mixer without using any water. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee and oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, green chillies and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ground wheat and moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add 3½ cups of hot water, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 6 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mix well.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
See step by step images of Gehun ki Bikaneri Khichdi ( Diabetic Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.