Jowar Ragi and Date Porridge ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45042 times
A combination of two super grains, flavoured with deliciously sweet and iron-rich dates, the Jowar, Ragi and Date Porridge is a wholesome food that will keep your child satiated and active for at least a couple of hours.
Rich in essential nutrients like iron, protein, calcium and fibre, this porridge is tasty too, which makes it an ideal food for this age, when children start discerning flavours and textures.
- Combine the whole jowar, whole ragi, dates and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer using ½ cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly and serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values ½ cup
|Energy|| 48 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 10.6 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.8 gm|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
|Calcium|| 17.5 mg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.