by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13511 times
A fiery combination of green chillies, which are a rich source of vitamin c, and calcium-rich jeera.
- Slit the green chillies and keep aside.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, peppercorns and carom seeds together in a non-stick pan till it leaves a nice aroma. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Powder all the roasted ingredients finely in a blender.
- Add the dry ginger powder, jaggery, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide the masala into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Stuff each chilli with one portion of the prepared masala and keep aside to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the stuffed green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Serve as an accompaniment with rice ‘n’ carrot appas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed chillie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.