Spinach and Moath Beans Curry ( Healthy Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13320 times
Generally, spinach is combined with paneer or potatoes in everyday cooking. In this easy subzi, it is combined with sprouted matki, to exponentially increase the nutrient content. Sprouting increases the iron and vitamin A content of moath beans, while spinach adds iron, folic acid and vitamin C to this innovative dish. A special masala paste made with everyday spices makes the Spinach and Moath Beans Curry extremely flavourful.
- Combine the sprouted matki, spinach, tomatoes, salt and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the matki is tender, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and curry leaves and sauté on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the curry, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.