Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59477 times
The low-calorie soya delicacy is a favourite with nutritionists. Its high protein and heart- protective compounds make a healthy addition to the regular pulao.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add the caraway seeds, peppercorns and cinnamon.
- When the caraway seeds crackle add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, when they crackle add ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, garam masala and kasuri methi and cook till the tomatoes are mashed (approx. 5 to 7 minutes). Sprinkle little water to prevent the masala from burning.
- Add soya nuggets, peas, 1 cup water and salt and mix well. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Add the rice to the gravy and mix gently.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes in a kadhai and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.