Soaked and chopped soy chunks
Wash the soy nuggets and then soak it prior to boiling which eases the cooking. Bring water to a boil. Add soy nuggets. Let it cook for 5 minutes and shut off the heat. Let it stay for 4-5 hours. After pre-soak is done, drain it and use the pre-soaked soy nuggets as desired. Chop the same using a sharp knife.
• The dried nuggets have to be either soaked in salted boiling water for a few minutes or boiled in salted water for 3-4 minutes, until they balloon out and become soft, before use.
• You can enjoy soychunks in a salad. Being high in protein it is extremely filling.
• You can add them to stews and soups, or use them to add volume and nutrition to subzis.
• Soy nuggets with pasta perked up with mixed herbs is truly delicious.
• To make a tasty and healthy salad, first grate radish and carrot. Chop cabbage and cut tomatoes, onions and cucumber into rings. Arrange grated vegetables in the centre, and rings on the side. Mix nuggets in cream and put in the centre. Sprinkle lemon juice, vinegar and salt on top, and serve the Soy Nugget Salad with pav buns.
How to store soy chunks, soy nuggets, soya chunks, soya nuggets
• Store dried soy nuggets in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark place where they will keep for up to 12 months.
• Do not mix new and old stock, and the old stock will become rancid before the new ones, spoiling the whole lot.
Health benefits of soy chunks, soy nuggets, soya chunks, soya nuggets
• Soy nuggets are rich in vitamins, minerals, isoflavones and lecithin, nutrients proven to help lower cholesterol, prevent cancer and loss of bone mass.
• A 100 per cent vegetarian high quality protein source that does wonders for young and old.
• Especially great for growing children, as it provides critical vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein.
• Eating more high-fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and soy nuggets helps to lose weight.
• Soy nuggets are one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, which may help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.