Papad Paneer Ke Kurkure
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42855 times
With a crunch that reverberates, this Papad Paneer ke Kurkure is an awesome snack, which is also Jain-friendly.
Paneer, coated with tongue-tickling green chutney, is dipped in a flour batter, coated with crushed papad and deep-fried to a golden hue.
The kurkure is crispy outside, with a flavour-packed and succulent interior. This goes down well with both adults and kids, so it is a must-try dish and a safe item to include in a party menu.
You can also try other Jain-friendly snacks like Rice and Cheese Balls , Vegetable Rice Cupcakes or Corn Pakodas .
- Combine the plain flour, salt and approx. 5½ tbsp of water in a bowl ,mix well to get a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Blend the papads in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Take 1 piece of paneer, spread ¼ tsp green chutney over it and sandwich it with another paneer cube.
- Dip the sandwiched paneer cubes in the plain flour-water mixture and then roll them in the coarsely crushed papad in such a way that the papad pieces cover the paneer completely from all sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 11 more kurkures.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and deep-fry, 2 pieces at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kurkure
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.